Newark Climbing Frame
The Newark Climbing Frame is part of the Selwood Products Balmoral Series.
The Newark climbing frame is perfect for those looking for a playset with everything, but are a little tight on space. The 120cm high play deck is reached by the slatted rock wall and from here the kids can ride the curved, wavy slide which ends at the front of the frame.
The Newark comes with our 2012 upgraded, supersized, engineered uprights (legs), giving the climbing frame even greater stability, strength and a stunning aesthetic. These engineered cedar uprights are now 8cm x 8cm and have been developed to give much less cracking, checking and twisting than in standard pine or spruce larger dimensional lumber. Our new uprights are soft to the touch, super-strong and are free from splinters, sharp edges or deep cracks that could harm your children’s hands. The Selwood Products brand is synonymous with safety, fun and family.
There is a vinyl chalk board on the 119cm by 90cm play deck too, perfect for a spontaneous doodle. The Newark features our brand new monkey bar/swing combo beam so that the kids can have the best of both worlds, without taking up the entire garden. Below the play deck is a play area that, with the addition of a ground sheet, can be easily transformed into a sand pit perfect for younger children. After all the running, climbing, swinging and sliding children may need a little rest and this set features a complimentary picnic table. Use it for messy play or to have friends round for lunch. Made from the same cedar wood as the frame, the picnic table compliments the Newark perfectly.
This climbing frame is designed for children aged between 3 and 10 years of age and is tested (EN-71 & ASTM) to meet requirements for private residential use – this set is not suitable for commercial use.
- All our sets are pre-boxed including all necessary wood, hardware and accessories including swings and slide.
- Our sets are specifically designed for home build so they come flat packed with the wood pre-cut, pre-drilled and pre-stained, and an illustrated instruction manual is also included to aid your build.
- Our wood is predominantly cedar so is naturally resistant to rot and insect infestation. It’s also planed (square cut) to ensure a great look and minimal cracks, checks and splinters.
- All our Selwood Climbing Frames are tested up to and beyond EN-71 & ASTM safety testing standards to ensure they are safe for your children to use.
- Our sets are covered by a 10 year warranty so you can be sure they’ll last until your children will have had many, many years use before parts need replacing.
We have made purchasing a climbing frame or swingset as hassle free as possible. To illustrate this we can talk you through the buying process using our simple 5 step process below:
- Choose a climbing frame or swingset you like to purchase and select the ‘Add to Shopping Cart’ button. You’ll be transferred to our shopping cart page automatically to continue checkout. Note you can also opt to continue shopping from this page if you wish.
- You’ll also be offered a selection of exclusive offers on accessories to go with your purchase. Note, these prices are ONLY available to customers when purchasing a swingset or climbing frame. Use the same process for purchasing these by making your selection and clicking the ‘Add to Shopping Cart Button’.
- When you have added all chosen products you can review your cart information at the top of the page before clicking the ‘Continue’ button to enter the secure checkout process. Note: Our shopping cart process is checked daily by Thawte to ensure it is secure. To view today’s certificate please click here.
- The checkout consists of four stages, your personal & address information, your delivery options, confirmation, and payment. This process should take no longer than 5 minutes. Please note we accept Visa and Mastercard debit or credit cards but we cannot currently accept AMEX, Diners Club, or Lazer cards.
- Once your order is complete you will receive a confirmation email within a few mintues and our warehouse will contact you within 48 hours (Monday-Friday) to inform you of our next available delivery day - which is normally approximately 5-10 days from order. Important Note: Please ensure the contact email and telephone numbers you supply are correct to ensure we can get hold of you to book delivery.
- Age Range 3-10
- Cedar/Pine Wood Construction
- UV Resitant Tarp
- Sandbox area
- Picnic Table
- 1.22m (4ft) Deck Height
- Specially designed for residential use
- Vinyl Easy Clean Black Board
- Monkey Bars
- 2 x Belt Swings
- 2-Child Glider
- 2.20 m Wave Slide
Please Note: Measurements detailed exclude a safety area, European guidelines suggest you use a 1.8m (6ft) safety tolerance area around the playset.
|Imperial (feet and inches):||17’ 8"||11’ 6"||9’ 5"|
Manufacturers Limited Warranty
The manufacturer states that the product is free from defect in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the original date of purchase. This one (1) year warranty covers all parts including wood, hardware, and accessories. All wood carries a ten (10) year warranty against rot and decay. Refer to the schedule associated with replacement of parts under this Warranty. In addition, the manufacturer will replace any parts within the first 30 days from date of purchase found to be missing from or damaged in the original packaging. This warranty applies to the original owner and registrant and is non-transferable. Regular maintenance is required to assure maximum life and performance of this product and failure by the owner to maintain the product according to the maintenance requirements may void this warranty. Maintenance guidelines are provided in the Owner's Manual provided by the manufacturer.
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Labor for any inspection or Labor for replacement of any defective item(s)
- Incidental or consequential damages
- Cosmetic defects which do not affect performance or integrity of a part or the entire product
- Vandalism, improper use, failure due to loading or use beyond the capacities stated in the Assembly Manual.
- Acts of nature including but not limited to wind, storms, hail, floods, excessive water exposure
- Improper installation including but not limited to installation on uneven, unlevel, or soft ground
- Minor twisting, warping, checking, or any other natural occurring properties of wood that do not affect performance or integrity.
The manufacturer states that the product has been designed for safety and quality. Any modifications made to the original product could damage the structural integrity of the unit leading to failure and possible injury. Modification voids any and all warranties and the manufacturer will accept no liability for any modified products or consequences resulting from failure of a modified product.
This product is warranted for RESIDENTIAL USE ONLY. Under no circumstance should the product be used in public settings, such use may lead to product failure and potential injury. Any and all public use will void this warranty.
This Warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights as well which vary from state to state or country to country.
Please note, where a curved slide is part of the set you have purchased, please ensure this is checked upon delivery for any scrapes/scrathes etc. Please note this on the POD and contact us straight away. If the POD is signed clear and then damage is noticed afterwards, charges may apply for replacement pieces.
Warranty Part Replacement Schedule:
Plastic/Metal/Wood Components - 1 Year Warranty
0-30 days from date from purchase - Free Parts & Free Shipping
31 days to 1 year from purchase - Free Parts + Shipping & Handling
Wooden (Wood Rot and Decay Only) - 10 Year Warranty
0-30 days from date from purchase - Free Parts & Free Shipping
31 days to 10 years from purchase - Free Parts + Shipping & Handling